1. What is microblading? Microblading is a form of Permanent Cosmetic Tattooing where pigment is deposited into the epidermis with varying needle configurations to mimic hair like structures.
2. Is it permanent? Because the pigment is not deposited into the dermis (like a tattoo) it is considered Semi- Permanent. The skin will only retain the pigment up to 1 - 1 1/2 years without regular touch ups.
3. How long does the appointment take? Your intital microblading appointment will take anywhere between 1 1/2 - 2 hours depending on your design, shape and desired over all look.
4. Do I need a consult? Yes! At Ali & Co we do not accept microblading appointments without a prior consult. The consult will ensure you and your artist are on the same page. This also allows your artist to answer any questions you have and share any important information with you that you’ll need to know before booking your appointment!
5. How often will I need a touch up?
Your artist will need to see you back within 4-6 weeks for your second touch up. After that, your appointments will vary depending upon need/ brow goal.
6. How do I know if microblading is right for me? Microblading is great for anyone! However, whether or not you want to invest in the procedure is 100% up to you. Most commonly we see clients use microblading to reduce their time getting ready in the morning as well as, the amount of money they’re spending monthly on brow products like pencils, pomades, powders, gels, etc. Some clients use it to fill in sparse areas from over tweezing & waxing. (We can all thank the 90’s and early 2000’s for that!) Other clients use it to correct shape or add in the appearance of hair where they naturally don’t have any.
7. Is it painful? Experience varies for each individual. We do use a topical numbing agent prior to the service to keep you comfortable. You can relate the feeling close to a ball point pen scratching your skin. It can be sensitive in areas and your artist is aware of that. Don’t be afraid to ask for a break if needed!
8. Is there any down time? All post-procedure protocols will be given to you at the time of your consult. There are some things to note before making an appointment though. You will be tender and possibly red or swollen the first 1-2 days after the appointment. So make sure you don’t have any conflicting plans the week of!
9. Can I choose my color? Of course! You and your artist will pick out your color together based off your desired look, skin tone and natural brow color! Your pigment will be darker than desired at first. Within the first 1-2 weeks the pigment will fade by 40- 50% as your brows heal.
10. How do I make my consult/ appointment? You can book online at www.aliandco.info! And if you have any questions feel free to reach out to our staff via social media, our website or by phone at 540.849.4333!