Let's Talk Matcha!
5 Benefits of MATCHA Green Tea for Skin
1. Drinking and applying green tea fights skin cancer by promoting DNA repair. Green tea contains a powerful antioxidant called EGCG that fights DNA damage from UV rays to prevent skin cancer. That means it’s also a potent anti-aging ingredient that combats signs of aging when ingested or applied topically.
2. We love green tea for its anti-inflammatory properties, thanks to its high content of polyphenols called catechins.
3. Green tea is powerful antibacterial agent for treating acne and uncloging pores. It’s a useful tool for treating bacterial growth that causes acne. It helps kill systemic bacterial inflammation for smoother, toned skin.
4. Green tea is chock full of Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E, both essential for skin health maintenance. B2 plays an essential role in maintaining collagen levels for youthful skin structure and firmness. Vitamin E supports new skin cell growth and also acts an intense hydrator for soft and nourished skin.
5. Caffeine and tannins in green tea help shrink blood vessels around the eyes, making it a miracle for treating puffy eyes and dark circles.