As a esthetician, there are many times after a long day at work I love to quiet down and enjoy a nice glass of wine! Don't You?! We’ve all heard that a glass of wine a day is actually good for our bodies but what if I told you that you can add wine into your everyday skin care routine! This is actually called Vinotherapy, this method of skincare was used by the queen herself Cleopatra! It’s been said that she liked to bath in ruby red wines and used wine in her massage oil.
Vinotherapy takes the waste such as Grapeseeds, Grapevines and Grapeskins that are left over from making wine and put in skincare products.
Benefits of Vinotherapy
1. This helps with sun damage and an anti-aging. Helps slow down the appearance of wrinkles.
2. Like drinking wine it has a calming and relaxin effect on the skin which could reduce inflammation
3. Treats very dry skin Grapeseed oil is good for healing, moisturizing and nourishing the skin.
4. Antioxidants that help neutralize Free Radicals
5. Protects the skin against oxidation and preserves the levels of the hyaluronic acid
At home Vinotherapy mask:
1 green tea bag
1 tablespoon of red wine (merlot works best)
1 tablespoon of plain yogurt (don’t use a flavored product)
2 tablespoons of honey (organic is best)
NEED SOME HELP? VISIT ME AT THE SHOP DOWNTOWN AND PICK UP THIS PRE-PACKED KIT READY FOR YOU TO GET YOUR VINOTHERAPY ON!
*This article was written by @carrieyoungbloodesthetics and she is available every Thursday at our downtown shop from 11am-5pm.